Monday, January 15, 2018

Put God First this Year

Happy New Year & MLKJR Day 2018!

There's no better time than now to put God first in our lives. Don't go another year without God's Word in your life. Christian, there's no way to walk with your God without the Bible. The Bible says, that Jesus is the Word (John 1:1, 14). Therefore, we need to read and apply the Word every single day. After all, we have a spirit and it needs to be properly nourished (Matthew 4:4).

How do we put God first?
1) Pray,
2) Read/Apply the Bible,
3) Let His Word be your 1st option and,
4) Let God have the final say!

I'm writing this blog to express the urgency for God's people to become radical followers of Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter about opinions, religious beliefs or worldly trends. We've been called by God and set-apart. Abiding in God is the only way we'll ever be able to see God's glory manifest in our lives.

Exhortation:
I am deeply concerned with some Christians within the Body of Christ who dabble in witchcraft. We cannot conform to the patterns of this world. We must renew our minds to the Word of God!

It's NOT okay to check your daily horoscope and not pray or read your Bible. Matter of fact, it's NOT even okay to believe in horoscopes! It's a form of witchcraft. All throughout the Old Testament we're warned about the dangers of idolatry.

Exodus 20:1-6 (KJV): "And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."

If God was angry back when the Israelites rebelled against His Word then what makes us believe that He will pay no attention to what we do today? We serve the same God. Sure, the blood of Jesus covers us but that's no excuse to blatantly hurt God's feelings. We have got to reverence the Lord enough to honor Him because He's so loving and kind.

Anything that we put before God automatically becomes an idol. But I'm specifically interceding for those that dabble in witchcraft unknowingly because they're deceived. No where in Scripture do we see God's people succeeding in life as a result of divination. Honestly, those things actually bring curses into your life because it gives access to the enemy (Deuteronomy 28). So no more comparing zodiac signs and boasting about them. Let's obey God and end the witchcraft in all forms— evil hand signs, new age movement cult, healing crystals, rocks, tarot cards, ouija boards, buddha decor, stars, planets, moons or anything else that goes against the Word of God. Instead, pick up your Bible this year and pray for guidance every day!

Guard your hearts. Don't do what everyone else is doing. Be more careful of how you prioritize and spend your time. It's a problem if you're spending much of your free time without God. You're not just what you can see. You have a spirit that starves when you neglect your time with God or do things that are spiritually harmful. It's so vital that we seek the Lord morning and evening and walk with Him in the day by meditating on His Word, praying, declaring and seeking guidance. The Lord truly cares about you. Jesus died and God sent the Holy Spirit to be with us here on earth to befriend us, comfort us and guide us. Therefore, we need to interact with Him everyday.

My book 'Bible Journey' is all about having a personal relationship with God. Please give it a read and review, and share with a loved one.

I've been reading my NIV Bible lately for personal Bible study and it's given me a new love for God's Word. It's lightweight and easy to read. I also read daily devotionals and sit at Jesus' feet praying each morning/night.

Download the Holy Bible app onto your smartphones or tablets. You'll find tons of daily Bible reading plans and translations that will be a great benefit to you.

There's a plan on the Holy Bible app by (YouVersion) that's titled 'Bible in One Year (2018).' It's beautifully written! There's also an app for the plan that's titled 'Bible in One Year.' Go ahead and download either one and enjoy!

I'm praying for you to forsake all idolatry and return to your first Love. Seek first the Kingdom of God and all of His righteousness then all (good/godly) things will be added unto YOU! I'm not perfect. There's many things that I have to forsake and work on. Oftentimes, I'll ask the Lord to reveal my heart to me so that I may repent and become cleaned of my filth. All I want is Him. I want my life to please God so that I may glorify Him and lead others to His Kingdom.

Consequently, I've found that obedience to His Word results in a blessed and successful life. The Bible works. Its the only truth. I desire for everyone in my territory of influence to walk with God this year!

Author Jennifer Quetant
www.biblejourneymovement.com

No comments:

Post a Comment