Thursday, April 4, 2019

10 Benefits of Being in the Presence of God




1.  Confidence & Faith
“Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ” (Romans 10:17, NIV).

2.  Wisdom
My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding—indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lordand find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding” (Proverbs 2:1-6, NIV).

3.  Peace
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you”(Isaiah 26:3, NIV).

4.  Joy
You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever” (Psalm 16:11, NLT).

5.  Not Yielding to the Flesh 
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh” (Galatians 5:16, NASB).

6.  Spiritual Strength & Encouragement
But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31, NLT).

Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually” (Psalm 105:4, NASB).

7.  Divine Rest
Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes” (Psalm 37:7, NLT).

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly” (Matthew 11:28-30, MSG).

8.  Get Desires that Please God
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm 37:4, NIV).

“…Keep company with God, get in on the best” (Psalm 37:4, MSG).
         
9.  Help During Troubled Times
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1, ESV).

10.  Boldness

When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus” (Acts 4:13, NIV).



4/3/2019 Bible Study notes taken from a sermon by my pastor, Dr. Creflo Dollar: https://youtu.be/XR-WV_mWb1Q


No comments:

Post a Comment