Thursday, October 6, 2016

Rain's Coming!!! (Sermon Notes)

I listened to a quick sermon before bed last night and decided to share my notes with you! Man, was this message for ME! Everyone has a season that appears to be dry. Because we don't see instant results or manifestation in our timing, we sometimes question if God really gave us a "Word." We must remind ourselves that every word of God is true. If He said it then, He means it. It will come to pass! Be patient and trust HIS timing not yours. 

I was searching for a sermon to really speak to my current season. I've been meditating not these two Scriptures in Genesis:

Leave and Cleave "At last!" the man exclaimed. "This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called 'woman,' because she was taken from 'man.' This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one."

Promised Land "AND The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father's family, and go to the land that I will show you. I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others.I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you."

God has been speaking to me through His Word (that's how He speaks to us in general.) Because I keep hearing these verses I know that God is sending my husband and our little family to another state to live. It is in His plan that He blesses us all the more. But, it's required of us to obey by following Jesus. We must get out of our comfort zone and partake on this new opportunity so that people can be blessed through our obedience. Long story short: We were buying a house here in Orlando, FL. The house ended up being a hot mess. We lost money. Our friend ended up dying and being buried in a cemetery walking distance of this weird house. My husband was offered a job in Atlanta, GA but didn't take it. I was a little down about not getting to move to GA quickly. But, I know that we came too far too give up now! We lost money from investing some time in the house but God will give us back more. We would've been stuck in that house and grieving harder and longer from the lost of our friend. Once I stopped being carnal, I put on my spiritual eyes and became aware that God showed us a new state for a reason. He's preparing us for a BIG move. I can't rush this process. It's our life that's changing here… a house.. new job, etc. I must be patient and know that God is preparing people for our benefit. It's His best that He prospers us and we live more financially stable. 

I found so much comfort in this sermon. No more being impatient, worrying and unbelieving. if God said HE will do it. God told Noah to build an ark, The flood didn't come to 100 years or more! Noah like anyone else, probably felt worrisome. But He kept working while He waited on God. That's true faith. I know that our breakthrough is near because God said it! I'm a bible believing born again Christian. Therefore, I must have faith in His Word - His Promises. Amen

Now without further ado, here's the sermon notes!


God's perfect plan always happens in imperfect situations in imperfect people.

We have to renew our minds to His Word so that we can think How HE thinks!

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

"Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops." James 5:17-18 (1 Kings 17:1-7/ 1 Kings 18:42-45)

What God started, He will finish. His plans will come to pass. He will do what He said.

Do what God told you to do despite what others think. We are to worship Him alone! 

"Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant." Galatians 1:10

Speak words of faith. Think words of faith. Don't speak on things in the natural. Speak and believe what God says! What we say matters. Fill your words with faith. Don't describe what you see in the natural. The just shall live by faith! 

Isn't this great information!? Jesus didn't speak anything He didn't hear His Father say. Though, in the flesh and suffering persecution, He responded in faith. He spoke faith filled words. He was focused on His divine purpose not on temporary things that were going to change.

***********************************************************************************************************************

"For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love." Galatians 5:6

The ONLY thing that matters is FAITH being expressed through LOVE! Genuine faith looks like LOVE.

The Kingdom of God is about righteousness//having a relationship with God.

We feel offended when we take our focus off of God.' 

"'For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers, as you still do." Hebrews 6:10

God is not unjust. He will not forget our work. We must work for Him and not for people. He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (following His plan and not our own).

This is WORD from the Lord because I've been constantly hearing this verse. #CONFIRMATION
Nothing that we do for the Lord goes in vain. He sees everything. He knows our hearts. And if we know Him then, He knows us too! Sometimes, I do feel the spirit of "giving up." I wrote a book, this blog, make Jesus bracelets and share my faith on social media with very few support, likes or followers. I must be humble and remind myself that I work for the Lord and not for likes. If no one read this blog, I know that God sees it. That's all that matters. Nothing slips pass Him. He is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. He holds the whole world in His hands. Certainly, He pays attention to those who love Him. 

"And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him." Hebrews 11:6

We must be content! Have faith and patience. Expectation and contentedness. Work while you wait. Work for the Lord and for men. God sees you. Respond to Him in faith by standing on His promises, trusting in His WORD alone!!

"So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up." Galatians 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment