Thursday, October 26, 2017

How to Find God's Will

Notes taken from a lesson by Pastor Bob Yandian

Link: https://youtu.be/sBX3DlIuGW4 (FFWD YouTube video to 11:00mins).

How to find God’s Will

Don’t pray and wait for God to show you His Will or run from meeting to meeting seeking His Will. Get to work for God.

He didn’t bring His Will to anyone when they were praying. They were all working.

Examples

OT: Moses was tending sheep, David was tending sheep, Gideon was on the threshing floor and Elisha was plowing.

NT: The 12 were ministering, fishing, collecting taxes and helping in the church. (Acts, Gospels)

When the Lord Jesus comes, will He find you serving the Kingdom?

“Blessed is that servant whose master returns and finds him doing his job.” Matthew 24:46

Ministry

1.     Get to work:
                 Working for God by helping people.
                 Serve in your local church.
                 Pastors need help in their churches.
                 God is looking for workers.

2.     Go to sleep (rest on God’s promises):
Work for the Lord as if it’s the best thing you’ll do for the rest of your life.
Jesus rested from His work and went to sleep because He trusted God.

3.     God will create a plan just for you:
You may have the same call as someone else but this one is tailor made just for you.
You’re unique!
God fashions His Will just for your life.
No need to imitate others because God broke the mold for you.
There’s no one like you.
Your gifts are unique and will minister to others differently.

4.    God won’t hide it from you:
He will bring it to you!
You don’t have to look for it.

These 4 points can also be used for finding a mate as well!

1st Adam got a job tending the fields.
2nd he went to sleep.
3rd God made a perfect wife for him.
4th when Adam got up, God had brought Eve to him.

Lesson: Stand still and watch the deliverance of the Lord. Standing means to act on God’s Word by believing and trusting that He will do what He said. It’s like working ‘while you wait’ so to speak (Galatians 6:9).

I can testify to these points about my own life… When I gave my life over to the Lord, I started a journey through the bible. In doing so, I found myself. I lived out Matthew 6:33- “seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.” Meaning, I didn’t have to specifically pray for certain things to manifest in my life. Most of my blessings just came because I was saturated in my bible. I was applying it to my daily life. Sure, I’ve prayed for certain things. But a lot of what I have today are blessings form the Lord that I didn’t even know I needed.

My husband came into my life, when I wasn’t even concerned with another relationship. Children came, a brand new house came, finances, gifts, revelation and so on and so forth! So what I’m saying is, be obedient to God’s Word. Don’t just have head knowledge or opinions. Blessed are those that DO what the Lord says! We’ve all been called to ministry- serving the Lord by serving others. One thing for sure, your gift WILL make room for you! Wow, the Lord has placed this scripture on my heart recently:

“A man's gift makes room for him and brings him before great men.” Proverbs 18:16

What God has for you, is for YOU! You don’t have to search for it or go out and seek answers from men. God created everyone with a gift. As long as you’re seeking HIM, you’ll end up walking in your purpose and becoming a faithful servant when the time is right.

Don’t give up. Don’t get discouraged. I’ve tasted and seen that the Lord is good. His Word doesn’t return to Him void. I believe and have received that my gift (writing) will do mighty things for God’s Kingdom. Our gifts will open up doors, help and influence others because we love the Lord and act on His Word. Simple!


My Books:






Subscribe to my website to stay connected for all new blog posts, newsletters and freebies: https://www.biblejourneymovement.com

No comments:

Post a Comment