Sunday, September 18, 2016

Psalm 90 Dream

Last night (9.16.16), 
God gave me a vision in my dream. I don't remember much of what happened. Although, I do remember God revealing Psalm 90:12 & Psalm 90:17. As you know, I just released my first book "Bible Journey!" I faced opposition while writing of course. Days before publishing my book, I saw a vision of Jesus walking down a narrow path and telling me to follow. And before this God gave me a vision prior to this one. All that I remember is seeing multiple rainbows. So, I tied all of these visions into one and came up with my book cover. The rainbow represents God's promise as we Christians know (Genesis 9). The bible is the Word of God and all God's Words are promises (Psalm 89:34-35). The footsteps mean to follow after Jesus; taking up your cross daily and surrendering to His Will (Luke 9:23). God is a creative genius! I just love Him!

Without further ado, let's study Psalm 90:12 (NLT)
"Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom." 

Our keywords in this verse are "brevity" and "wisdom." Brevity means "shortness of human life." And wisdom means "the quality of having good experience, knowledge and judgement." 

Life is short. Psalm 90:4 reads "For You, 1,000 years are a passing day, as brief as a few night hours." In my words, eternity ain't got nothing on this life! Therefore, we have to make every moment count. We ought to give God glory in all that we do. We should seek Him in everything. God should be first period. Life is not our own. We were created to serve the Lord. Life makes more sense and is more meaningful when we live for the Lord.  

Here's how my 'Life Application Study Bible' defined Psalm 90:12 -
"Realizing that life is short helps us use the little time we have more wisely and for eternal good. Take time to number your days by asking, What do I want to see happen in my life before I die? What small step could I take toward that purpose today?"

Psalm 90:17 - "And may the Lord our God show us His approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!" 

Amen! What a scripture! God will bless the works of our hands. He gives us hearts desire. We can have what we say and what we believe in Him for. Faith without works is dead. When we combine our faith with works we see manifestation. *But faith is the most important factor.* 

---We have to study the context of this chapter. Moses is the author of this psalm. Today, we are under a new covenant of Grace and not under the law of Moses. So I can speak things into existence and not have to make pleas with God. I can just receive them by faith by confession and belief. Hallelujah! Today's Christians can be filled with the Holy Spirit to walk in full victory! No need to beg God. I just confess: "My ministry is prosperous in the Name of Jesus!" "I'm blessed and highly favored in the Name of Jesus!" Amen.

This verse comforts me so much. In my current season, I'm putting into motion all that God has been teaching me. It's not that easy. There's adversity. But, I have to count it all joy! God sees my heart. I work for the Lord. I just want to serve Him and give Him glory in all that I do. 

Here's the note from my study bible on this verse: "Because our days are numbered, we want our work to count, to be effective and productive. We desire to see God's eternal plan revealed now and for our work to reflect His permanence. If we feel dissatisfied with this life and all its imperfections, we must remember our desire to see our work established is placed there by God. But our desire can only be satisfied in eternity. Until then we must apply ourselves to loving and serving God."

Interesting... Jesus came to give us abundant life. Don't get me wrong, life is enjoyable and awesome when we live to serve God. But, still our ultimate hope is seeing Jesus face to face in heaven. That's our home and our hope. The goal is to hear Him say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. You may enter in!" 

"We should remember our place and be submissive to God. Our time on earth is limited so let's use it wisely. Don't live for the moment. Keep your enteral home in mind!" - Life application study bible (Psalm 90)

1 comment: