Friday, September 23, 2016

No Shame In My Game! (Sermon Notes)

I watched a sermon from 9.18.16 by Dr. Creflo Dollar titled 
"How To Overcome Shame."




Here are my notes that I wrote down as I listened carefully to this AWESOME teaching!! :)

*Bible verses are taken from the (NLT) version.

**********************************************************************************

SHAME: A powerful emotion caused by a consciousness of guilt or shortcoming.
So we hide ourselves in attempt to hide from SHAME.

But God… sets us FREE! Jesus became a shame substitute for us. Anything Jesus took on we don't have to. =)

"I offered my back to those who beat me and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard. I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting." Isaiah 50:6 Jesus submitted to shame.

"At about three o'clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?Matthew 27:46 Jesus suffered the shame of rejection.

God will NEVER leave us nor forsake us!

"Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins! But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed." Isaiah 53:4-5 Jesus suffered for us!

"Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit." 1 Peter 3:18 Jesus suffered once and for all!

"For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ." 2 Corinthians 5:21 He knew NO sin!

"God warned them of this in the Scriptures when he said, "I am placing a stone in Jerusalem that makes people stumble, a rock that makes them fall. But anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced." Romans 9:33 We must NOT be ashamed. We must believe that Jesus redeemed us! So believe Jesus and not the opinions of others.

"I offered my back to those who beat me and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard. I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting.Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame." Isaiah 50:6-7 The Lord has helped me!

"Comfort, comfort my people," says your God. "Speak tenderly to Jerusalem. Tell her that her sad days are gone and her sins are pardoned. Yes, the LORD has punished her twice over for all her sins." Isaiah 40:1-2 In the context of this verse, (OT) the shame of debt was covered up. Having a "double portion" isn't something to boast about. 
"He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross."
Colossians 2:14 In this NEW covenant context Jesus blotted out our shame! 

"Instead of shame and dishonor, you will enjoy a double share of honor. You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours." Isaiah 61:7 Jesus gives us even better JOY! We're no longer in debt of our sins. Jesus paid for our debt in full.

SHAME: is a sense of failure and unworthiness. 

Consequences of SHAME

  • Paranoia: looking at ourselves as a mistake and thinking others see us the same.
  • Sabotage: Shame messes up our future. It ties us to our past and changes our true identity. 
  • Extinguishes: our hopes and dreams. Shame robs our hope and becomes a weight for us to bear.

"He replied, "I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked." Genesis 3:10 Adam and Eve became shamed when they lost their coat of glory. What we fail to realize is that Adam didn't REPENT! He didn't go to God and ask for forgiveness because the enemy SHAMED him! Shame embedded pride and caused Adam to fall victim to Satan. He didn't feel worthy to go back to God. He let the enemy take advantage of his relationship with The Father. Nowadays, Satan uses "shame" as a tactic to keep us from going to the next step our lives too...

WOW! What a powerful lesson on "SHAME." We need not to allow the enemy to constantly remind us of our past. We must rely on the bible alone for our true identity. Jesus paid for our sins in full. We don't have to constantly plead God to forgive us of our sins. The Lord's Prayer (that mentions Jesus asking for forgiveness) was a model prayer before Jesus went to the cross. Our past, present, and future sins are forgiven! We aren't just sinners saved by Grace. The bible says in (2 Cor 5:21) that we are the righteousness of God. We have become NEW creations (Gal 2:20/2 Cor 5:17). God sees His beloved child when He looks at "born-again" believers. We don't need to feel shamed or allow anyone or any demon to make us feel that way! (Romans 1:16) says that we are to have UNASHAMED FAITH!! (Hence, the title of my blog!





Check out my NEW book "Bible Journey" on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Bible-Journey-identity-found-Christ/dp/1534718680/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1472770143&sr=1-1&keywords=bible+journey+jennifer+quetant

Your True identity is found in Jesus Christ!!


Blessings

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment